Greece Golden Visa program is a privileged residence program which enables you to receive a residence permit and have a free movement right in Schengen zone countries by making a real estate investment in Greece.
With Golden Visa, being one of the residence permit and citizenship programs applied by many European Union member states with a view to contributing to the national economy and increasing the foreign investments therein, you may have the right to receive a permanent residence permit in Greece and to travel visa-free to Schengen zone countries by purchasing a real estate worth minimum 250,000 Euros in Greece.
Greece Golden Visa program is the most advantageous program in comparison to the programs applied by other European Union countries, as the required minimum investment amount is lower.
After participating in this program through a real estate investment, you will be entitled to a residence permit in Greece and a free movement right in all of Schengen zone countries. The residence permit is granted for a term of 5 years at the first stage, and you have to renew your residence permit every 5 years.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a non-European Union country.
- The applicant must purchase a real property worth at least 250,000 Euros in Greece. The full amount of price of said real estate should be paid after the date of signature of a sale contract in connection therewith. It is not allowed to make an investment by using a mortgage or a loan facility.
- Investment in real estate worth at least 250,000 Euros, being a condition of application as stated above, is not required to be made in a single real estate. Accordingly, if more than one real estate are purchased, total price of these real properties is required to be at least 250,000 Euros.
- The applicant must have a valid health insurance cover. If not, prior to filing an application, our firm should complete the required health insurance coverage process.
- The applicant must have a clean criminal record.
- Right to enter visa-free to Greece and all other Schengen zone countries
- Quick acquisition of residence permit thanks to a real estate investment
- The right of all other family members, below 21 years of age, to join in the program, besides the investor himself/herself
- Not to be obliged to stay in Greece in order to be eligible for a permanent residence permit.
- Right to apply for Greek citizenship if you reside in Greece continuously for 7 years
- Right to let your real estate for rent after you are granted a residence permit
- Investor is eligible only for a residence permit, and cannot have the right to work in Greece.
- Application for citizenship is fairly difficult. You are required to reside in Greece continuously for 7 years, and may become eligible for an application for citizenship only at the end of this period. This obligation of continuous residence for 7 years means that you are required to stay in Greece for a minimum period of 183 days every year.
- Purchase and sale taxes are fairly higher than the rates in other European countries.