Golden Visa program is a privileged residence program which enables you to receive a permanent residence permit and have a free movement right in Schengen zone countries by making a real estate investment in Portugal. And what’s more, you may easily have a European Union passport by living in Portugal for only one week a year for 6 years in total.
You may become eligible for participation in Portugal Golden Visa program by purchasing a real estate worth at least € 500,000 in any city of Portugal you wish. After participating in this program through a real estate investment, which is the most preferred and used common method in Golden Visa program, you will be entitled to a residence permit in Portugal and a free movement right in all of Schengen zone countries.
During this process of 6 years towards the right of citizenship, you may, if you wish, let your real estate for rent, and after you are granted the right of citizenship at the end of 6 years, you may, if you wish, sell your real estate.
After you purchase your real estate, your application file is immediately prepared, and within a period of time of 3 to 8 months after approval of your file, you may be entitled to both a residence permit in Portugal and a free movement right in all of Schengen zone countries.
One of the most important features of Portugal Golden Visa program is quick completion of the process of your application for a residence permit.
At the first stage, you are granted a residence permit of 1 year, and after the end of 1 year, your residence permit is renewed twice for a period of 2 years at each time, and at the end of the 6th year, you become eligible to file an application for Portuguese citizenship and for issuance of a European Union passport to you.
It is one of the unique advantages offered by Portugal Golden Visa program to you that you may be eligible for residence permit for 6 years and for citizenship at the end of 6 years only by staying in Portugal for only 1 week every year, thus without disrupting your business and private life ongoing in Turkey.
It is adequate for you to stay in Portugal for at least 7 days in the first year following your application, and for minimum periods of 14 days each in each of the subsequent periods of 2 years. This means to say that you will become eligible for citizenship only if you spend in Portugal only a time of 1 week a year in total during the process of 6 years, and you meet the required investment conditions.
If you decide to join in Golden Visa program by making a real estate investment in Portugal, you may further start to generate an income by letting your real estate for rent throughout this process.
And besides having a very comfortable and easy commercial environment thanks to its fairly advantageous tax policies and low credit interest rates, Portugal is one of Schengen zone countries, and thus, with the residence permit to be granted to you after you apply for the program, you will also have a free movement right in Schengen zone.
And Portugal passport grants to you the visa-free travel right currently to 170 countries, also including Schengen zone countries.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a non-European Union country.
- The applicant must purchase a real estate meeting the following criteria in Portugal. The full amount of price of said real estate should be paid after the date of signature of a sale contract in connection therewith. It is not allowed to make an investment by using a mortgage or a loan facility.
- In cities and locations with a high population density, one or more real estates, younger than 30 years of age, worth at least 500,000 Euros in total.
- In cities and locations with a high population density, one or more real estates, older than 30 years of age, worth at least 350,000 Euros in total.
- In locations with a low population density, one or more real estates, older than 30 years of age, worth at least 280,000 Euros in total.
- The applicant must have a clean criminal record.
To prove having made a qualified investment is the most important condition leading you to success in your Portugal Golden Visa application.
Purchasing a real estate worth at least 350,000 Euros in any one of the urban transformation zones or purchasing a real estate worth at least 500,000 Euros, located in any location and fitted by any properties you wish is the sine qua non conditions of investment in Portugal. If and when you make an investment meeting these conditions and submit all documents requested from you, you will be eligible for successful completion of Golden Visa application process varying between 3 and 8 months.
- Right to enter visa-free to Portugal and all other Schengen zone countries
- Quick acquisition of residence permit thanks to a real estate investment
- In addition to the residence permit, the advantage of having the right of access to all healthcare and education services and the right to work within the borders of Portugal, just like Portuguese citizens
- The right of all other family members, below 21 years of age, to join in the program, besides the investor himself/herself
- The opportunity offered to family members, above 21 years of age, still receiving education to continue education abroad in tandem with the rights granted thereby
- Right to apply for Portuguese citizenship at the end of 6 years by residing in Portugal for only 1 week a year after participation in the program and receipt of the residence permit
- Right to let your real estate for rent during the period of 6 years, and to resell your real estate after you are accepted to citizenship